Anyone revising at the moment?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Spanky Deluxe, May 8, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm taking a bit of a break from my hectic late night revision fest for tonight and thought I'd see if anyone else is revising for exams on here?

My thumb's killing me from where the pen's been pushing on it for hours. :(

Not nice. :( Although I've probably done more work in the last few weeks than I've done all year long!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just finished my finals, about to start three summer courses. I thought completing my bachelor's degree was hard, my grad degree is way harder.
    And yes, I work 40+ hours a week and spend 3 hours a night on homework.

3. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

What do you mean by "revising"? Are all your exams written essays? Only my English classes have required written essays for final exams.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

That pretty much sums up how I feel. :p I have quite a few papers, a research presentation/project, a couple of exams, and then finals. Definitely crunch time.

And I'm just assuming that 'revising' in your usage refers to studying?

5. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Lol yeah, I guess in American I'd mean 'studying'!

My course is mostly assessed on exams. I've got four over the next three weeks and class tests on Thursday and Monday.

My revision technique at the moment is to write out all of my lecture notes, then go through them and write out all the equations and vital points and then to do problems sheets and past questions. Its so complicated though!! You don't even want to know what module I'm studying for tonight!!!

6. IanF0729 macrumors regular

IanF0729

Glad to see I'm not the only one taking a break from studying.

I fished two research papers and two finals. Now I just have to make one more paper to write and two more finals fit into my work schedule. I'll be done on Friday! :)

I had French on Saturday and "Public Administration and Public Policy" this evening. I have "Scope and Methods of Political Science" tomorrow and "European Politics" on Friday.

I too end up writing out a great deal, especially for French. Although for European Politics a friend and I quiz each other.

Come on 4.0!!!

Then I have summer courses. :mad:

Good luck to all!

7. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Yep. Did a lot of that today, & in between I've been posting to take mental breaks.

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I do the same, though it usually turns out the I end up studying between postings. :eek:

9. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Haha! Too true! That's why I have to drag myself to the library every night these days. Too many distractions otherwise. I allow myself a break after I've written out four hours worth of notes and so pop over to the library computers for a bit of R&R.

I'm back home now, another 6 late night hours spent in the library. Lord, help me!!

10. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I start exams Monday (Law), so I'm hard at it.

This place doesn't help though - it's too tempting to browse posts.

Most of my work is cutting down notes that I had earlier in the year to key points and trying to reproduce the key points. I'm using Mind Maps, Wikis and typed and handwritten notes, and I've voice recorded some notes. In essence, I'm trying to get the 6 large folders (and almost a gig of files) into about 80-100 pages that will cover everything, and give me enough prompts to do enough in the exam.

I'm a firm believer in trying to get the information in in a number of ways. The brain is has a funny way of making connections.

11. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm with you on that one. My house mate is doing his finals this month in Law too and he always uses the whole mind map thing. The ****** only needs to get a 2-2 in one exam and 3rds in the rest to get a 2-1 over all. B***ard.

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Had a final yesterday, easy easy one too.

Tomorrow i have computers in chem, that will be easy as well.

Then friday Histology final, will suck much so :(

but studying pssh i waiting for nintendo announcement.

13. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ohhhh yeah... I want Wii for my final year although I doubt they'll release Mariokart for it for the first year or two. :(

14. flowin macrumors member

1st post here...

i have 2 exams tomorrow.. then im done for the year..

yay!

15. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

my exams dont start till june the 1st, so i still have a little time. im doing coursework at the moment now though, hopefully finished by the end of the week. then revision starts.

this coursework is rekindling stuff that i learnt months ago though, so i guess it is a form of revision.

S

16. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ahh, I'm done on the 30th May. Four exams and two tests before that though, not nice!! What're you guys studying?

17. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

Air transport technology
    road transoprt technology
    law
    management
    surface transport systems
    management statistics

although 3 of those may not be happening due to the lecturer's industrial action:(

S

18. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

done with my finals. And didn't even need to take histology one, so i studied for no reason :(

19. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Nasty. Luckily my department hasn't been affected by the strikes, in fact I don't know anyone's that has at my Uni. My friend at Kent says her exams might not get marked in which case she won't graduate or something silly like that.

Well done eva01!! At least they're out of the way!! How come you didn't have to take histology one?

20. Spanky Deluxe thread starter macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Ok... I'm officially panicked now. I've got a three hour exam tomorrow morning and although in the past few weeks I've written out all of the notes, tonight I've only managed to read just under half of them and have only done half of the problems sheets. The exam is in just over 9 hours time. I still have loads of hours of work ahead of me and I should *really* try to get a couple of hours sleep in there. So much to get through!!!!