Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I've heard of some issues with Leopard but haven't heard anything on the new MacPros. Anyone?

TTFN

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
I've heard of some issues with Leopard but haven't heard anything on the new MacPros. Anyone?

TTFN

i did. Maya generally doesn't run smoothly on OSX. at least for me. it crashes very often.
so, i install windows xp on bootcamp, and install Maya in there.
And i haven't had any more problem ever since.

Mercuric Oxide

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
NYC
I had license issues but solved them.

I've used it about 20 hrs on the new mac pro, it has crashed once so far (and the temp file after crashing is known not to be able to work, so save often!)

tdamon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks for the comments! Doesn't sound like it would be all that bad, but maybe I'll just start working with the PLE version until I re-learn the mechanics (been a while since I've worked with it). Then hope Autodesk puts out an update to correct some of the Leopard issues before I purchase.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Maya generally doesn't run smoothly on OSX?

When you guys say, "Maya generally doesn't run smoothly on OSX" are you referring specifically to Leopard? I have been using Maya on Tiger for several years, and I have had very few problems. Are you saying when I upgrade to Leopard I can expect problems...?

Thanks,

DZL

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
Pasadena, CA
Maya 2008 has been totally fine for me thus far - in Tiger.

But I just upgraded from Tiger to Leopard - I haven't had much time to really push Maya in Leopard yet, so we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.