anyone still frustrated about itunes match 10,000 limitation?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by eroxx, Feb 12, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

It makes me crazy that you can only use up to 10,000 songs for itunes match.

But what's worse, is the fact that I can actually accept the limit if it was user-friendly to CHOOSE which 10,000 of my library I wanted. It's honestly unthinkable that apple makes this impossible.

2. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

iTunes match limits you to 25,000 songs.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, sorry. Although my argument still stands. It's not the limitation per se but the friction involved in choosing 25,000 should your library be >25,000

4. simsaladimbamba

from some obscure website, but then again, that would be around 2,000 albums or only 6 days of music, depending on the number of titles per album or length of songs and compression of it.

5. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I used the advice in this article to set up a second library so I could use iTunes match.

6. simsaladimbamba

Have you given feedback to Apple yet?

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've done that too (set up a second library), but it's very difficult to maintain, especially if you want to switch out songs ...

8. macrumors 6502

DJLC

That does sound like a PITA.

Considered Spotify? It'll match everything in your iTunes Library while also giving you access to so much more. Sure, it has ads, but you can pay a bit to get them removed. I honestly don't even touch iTunes anymore...

9. macrumors 68020

Like so many things "Apple", Match is not designed for extreme edge cases. And yes, dedicating 100% of a year’s salary on music is an edge case. Don’t expect a solution design for the masses to meet your needs. You should be looking at other solutions. If having a complete library of that size is a requirement, you may want to get a dedicated 128GB device. That should be close to your library size assuming you don’t use lossless.
    BTW, you would be saving untold amounts of money by switching to a monthly service based system like Spotify or Rdio instead of buying so much music.