Anyone Still Play Sim Tower?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ArtMan617, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ArtMan617 macrumors regular

I just recently re-discovered the wonderful Yoot Saito creation from Maxis. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer it to many of the games out today (well, the crappy ones at least). I'd also highly recommend Sim Ant, although that's a whole other game...Thoughts?

-ArtMan617

2. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

That is my favorite sim game of all time. Sim City 2K got me into sim games (back when I had a 25MHZ mac hehe), but Sim Tower got me hooked. I remember playing that game nonstop for SO long when I got it.

I somehow deleted the game on my computer a while ago, I wish I still had it. Would you please email it to me, I actualy bought the game at one point so its not really "stealing". My email is . Thanks

3. zach macrumors 65816

zach

Ahh, SimTower

My favorite game ever.... Until Unreal Tournament....

4. Java macrumors regular

Sim Tower rules!

It is true. Classic sim games never die. Sim Tower and SC2000 rock! Also, you can't forget about the Marathon series by bungie.

5. bombensington macrumors regular

i LOVED sim tower.

do you know where i could find it for my mac? i had it for the pc back in the day.

i had all the sim games up through sc2000. man i loved those games.

6. ArtMan617 thread starter macrumors regular

You could probably find it pretty easily on Carracho or on Ebay...a friend of mine has this Sim Pack that has all of those old school sim games...although a couple arent' for mac (Sim Chopper, Street of Sim City, etc.).

EDIT: If you've got it for PC you could probably install it on a Mac...the CD I installed it from had cross-platform installation. If you can dig it up, I'd give it a shot.

-ArtMan617

7. bombensington macrumors regular

yeah, i should try that - i still have them, they're on floppy though, so i would have to convert over to cd.

i still have all the games...even the old stuff like klik & play and widget workshop.

those were the days.

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i loved simtower :) played it up to last year. and simcity, simcity 2000. they were the best. i always wished they'd do a more delux version of simtower that wasn't as simple-- maybe, more 3-d, with a building exterior, new graphics, more options.

simtower has a few good easter eggs too, if you didn't know...

you can double your money at the beginning of the game by clicking "lobby" down in the lower left hand corner of the dirt...

did anyone ever get visited by aliens?? worst i ever had was a bomb go off...

next thing we'll have is SimTwinTowers.

pnw

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I love Sim Tower but I have not played it in years. I should try it now that I have a fast Computer. I had 2 5 star towers!!!! and 6 4 star towers, I loved that game.

10. alset macrumors 65816

alset

One of the greatest games I ever played. I loved Maxis for the Sim series, until they followed went on to SimEarth and SimLife. Then SC3K was nothing but a processor hogging SC2K with a touch of new eye candy.

As for SimAnt, that was the first computer game that I ever really wasted time with. If only these games ran native under X.... I hate using classic. However, I have saved them all, for nostalgia.

Dan

11. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I loved Sim Tower... I just wish MAXIS would've upgraded it. My favorite SimCity was SC2K. I just loved it. Now that it's been brought up, I might have to fire up good 'ol classic!

I played Sim Chopper on my brother's PC, and it was cool. I never played Streets of Sim City, but I heard it was cool too. The best thing about these two games, is that you could load your own cities and play in them. Too bad they didn't release Mac versions... It really pisses me off...

The Sims was a cool game, until the 4th or 5th expansion pack... Too little for too much, if you ask me...

These days, MAXIS has kinda gone down the drain. Maybe a really good version of SC4K that is Mac compatible would help, but I doubt SC4K will be that good, and I doubt even more that they'll make it for the Mac...

Off to play Sim City 2000!

12. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

SimTower, SimCity 2000, and SimAnt were the greatest. I bought SimAnt in 5th grade via mail order, but it never showed up, and I can't find it anywhere, even Amazon. The first Sim game I ever played was SimLife. Now that was a weird game. Designed for system 6, and it actually runs under 9.2.2. SimCity pretty good too, as long as you got the right tilesets. The last of the "old" Sim games, SimIsle, was cool too, but I could never beat it.

13. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

nm about emailing me ST, I just downloaded it. After playing for 5 hours strait (no cheating too) I got up to 21000 and TOWER rating. The stairs and elevator limit makes the game REALLY challenging. I wish the game was still as fun as it was 6 years ago.

14. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

owww

ugghhhh i hate that game, i got so addicted to it for months on end.... it almost destroyed my social life, well it did for a while... um anyways..

15. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

Remember ATrain from Maxis? That was a lot of fun, being similar to SimCity, but with a train as the central focus. Those older games still have a lot of charm.

16. Hakon macrumors newbie

haha me too

i love unreal too but i think sim tower is better!!!

17. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I love SC2K and Sim Tower, Inface I have purchased for my mac:
    SimTower
    SimCity 2000
    Sim Farm
    Sim Ant
    Sim City 3000 Mac
    The Sims/LL

(And I have {And Want to Sell})
    SimCity 2000 PC
    Sim City 3000 PC
    Sim City 3000 Unlimited PC (Wish there was a Mac Version)

But I have to agree that Unreal Tournament is awesome, so is Starfleet Academy, Half Life, Myst, Starcraft, and Warcraft II.

TEG

18. Flickta macrumors 6502

Yoot Tower!

Still on my hard drive...
    He-he...

19. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

20. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

21. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I played both Yoot Tower and SimTower with my sister for hours on end when I was younger. I remember having played SimTower so long that I would start to hear the elevator sounds and office noise even when the game wasn't open. My sister and I were playing SimTower on Christmas day, with all sorts of company over when we achieved TOWER rating for the first (and only) time. It was very cool, but I'm sure it was probably detrimental to our social lives to play computer games while our friends watched.

22. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I only playes one sim game growing up and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even started the game up again a month ago. Unfortunately it doesn't run under classic and a reboot to 9 is required.

So what is this great game that would make me go back to awful OS 9?

Afterlife by LucasArts. In the game you built a heaven and a hell. Not only was it rather well put together, but it was really really funny to boot.

Anyone else enjoy this game?

P-Worm

23. nargot macrumors regular

Sorry all, but Railway Tycoon and Kings Bounty stole away my youth... sim tower came on after and i was fortunate not to play it more than a dozen times.... but now i'm going to have to dig up my copy and build by Hilton :)

24. GovornorPhatt macrumors regular

I am a fan of Yoot Tower, sim tower's unsucessful new chapter. I also like playing the flight sim X-Plane http://www.x-plane.com. Very realistic. Sim city 4 is fun, but I haven't played it much and find it harder than the other Sim City games. Nonetheless, a great game worth the money if you are a sim fan.

25. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

I re-bought the game though e-bay. And recently moved to pittsburgh. Ive been kicking myself for leaving it at my parents house. If anyone has the file i would like them to send it to me.

Nesvigwilson21@aol.com
    natewilson505 AIM