Anyone take the AP English Language Test today?

Discussion in 'Community' started by codycartoon, May 2, 2005.

1. codycartoon macrumors regular

Just curious. Technically we are not supposed to discuss it for 48 hours, but I don't see how they could catch anyone.

What did everyone think? I thought the second essay was great, it was ballsy of them to do that. The first one was strange though.

I am hoping for a 4. Has anyone taken this before?

-cody

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Man! I was going to create a new member called AP Exam Monitor and say "Not so fast Cody Brown, you are hereby on notice that you have broken AP rules and will be dealt with accordingly," just for fits and giggles, but then the registration thing about not registering twice made me chicken. Plus its not nice to freak out people who have just taken an AP exam. I remember taking those, can't believe I got 4's on both. I wouldn't know a past participle or a reflexive pronoun if it bit me.

Good luck on it, and I hope you do well.

3. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I took the AP

Not saying when!

I got a 5. First person in my HS to get a 5 in five years: tells ya something about my HS.

I got a 5 on the Spanish Lit, 5 on Euro History, 5 on US History, 4 in Calculus AB but a measly 3 in Physics... and I was lucky to get that three; I gave up 2/3 of the way in. It was too hard! :(

4. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Back in high school (it was only a few years ago :rolleyes: ) I was amazed by a 4 on my AP Physics B test. It was extremely hard. I left 75% of the free response questions completely blank, and somehow I still got a 4. :eek:

5. ZeratulsAvenger macrumors newbie

Heard the AP Physics test was supposed to be the hardest of the lot. Took the English one today and I think I did much better then I was initially thinking I would do. Perhaps a 4-5. I am ecstatic.

6. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Yeah, they say the AP Physics is crazy hard.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I took the English and Calculus AP tests way back when. Got 3s on both, which isn't bad for someone who was pretty stoned much of the time at that point in my life. ;)

I actually copied and kept one of the poetry pieces from the English AP test since they didn't give the author and we didn't have Google back then. It was a very cool poem, but I haven't run across that slip of paper in a few years...

8. APadminNY macrumors newbie

please delete, mods.
    i don't do much of a job of sounding official do i?....just kidding, it's me homerjward, sorry...not using smileys cause they're not white

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Phew... thank god I took mine 15 years ago! Wouldn't want any APadmins on MY ass!
    :D :p ;)

10. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

ap... i never understood ap.. i guess if students want to get ahead for college... no harm in that.. :cool:

11. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

12. tangerineyum macrumors 6502

Im only a semi high achiever, 3's on every test i took U.S, art history, English, and Gov. My gf on the other hand shes a certifiable genius. 5's or 4's on every social studies test possible. thats like 9 or something like that. On top of getting a 5 on the hard calc test AB or BC i dunno, i dont do math. plus the 2 English's and Bio. Shes a robot and now doing very well at ucla.

13. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

All that and only UCLA?

14. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Gotta go where the money is, and UCLA is pretty freaking cheap (in-state) compared with any comparable 4 year institution. Sounds like a great deal on a budget.