Anyone think its unfair for IGN to bash F1 CE on difficulty?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chone, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/767/767126p1.html

I mean from what I've been hearing this looks like a kickass game for F1 fans (like myself), I really don't think its fair to bash a game based on its technical realism, I think its very fun to have to take a difficult test lap and slowly climb your way to become a driver, it actually feels a lot more satisfying to finally reach that spot.

I really prefer the sim-like F1 games as they resemble the real sport, I'm not sure why F1 is not popular in the US (especially considering they love Nascar so much) but giving it a 7.2 based on the fact its not Motorstorm and is too technical is a bit unfair (especially since most people who'll buy F1 CE like their F1 games that way).

Also I thought the line "There aren't a ton of amazing crashes" was a bit out of place, F1 crashes don't happen very often and when they do its not part of the race's appeal so I wouldn't expect an F1 game to feature spectacular crashes.

Chris Roper might have been in the process of playing and reviewing Motorstorm while reviewing F1 so the contrast between the two games might have led him to give F1 a 7.2 but still, its like bashing Unreal Tournament for being too fast paced or bashing Devil May Cry 3 because it has a steep learning curve.

I bet Euro reviewers will give it a much higher score, United State-ians aren't fond of F1 really.

/end of rant

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's a simulator, i would be more pissed if it were too arcady and had a easy learning curve.

The graphics and physics both car and environmental in F1 are spectacular and deserve a better grade than they received too imo.

I love the game, but I am also a racing sim fan :)

Ed

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's not fair to bash any game on difficulty. If reviewer X can't be good at the game then pass it to reviewer Y. If the alphabet of reviewers aren't good (assuming it's a varied set) then it's a bad game. I don't think this is a bad game.