Anyone thinks MacBook has a poor quality screen?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EricChunky, Jun 8, 2006.

1. EricChunky macrumors regular

well.. i looked at my macbook, the background (default wallpaper) is not smooth at all, there are loads of little "ink-dots". i've got 2 macbooks and they'r all the same.

i tried to use higher resolution (1680x1050) wallpapers, even my own RAW image converts, same results.

And the default wallpaper on my 20" display is silky smoothy...

hmm...

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can I ask a stupid question...have you tried a background image that actually has the same number of pixels as your display?

3. x86 macrumors regular

x86

Yea, you may be streching them to fit your display. This can be changed in the system preferences.

4. Acehigh macrumors 6502

Mine is working fine maybe you need to check your eyes. You need to compare the screen with other laptops. You cant carry around a 20" LCD display.

try new wall paper.

http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=1280x800&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

5. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I have had nothing that makes me think this is a low quality screen, everythings seems bright and crisp. But thats just me.

6. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

LCD screens dont really let you change the resolution with good results. make sure your using the LCD standard resolution in the Monitor Preferences under System Preferences.