Anyone transfer data to their Samsung phone?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iSaint, Mar 19, 2006.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I have a low-end Samsung cell phone. It's the X497. I found OnSync on Versiontracker for software to transfer data from my iBook, and am considering buying a data cable so I can manage my address book from Entourage to the phone.

Just curious if anyone has a similar setup and if it works for you, or if you're satisfied. I'm not really in need of a Blackberry or Treo or anything more expensive.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I have a Motorola v265...it's not really low end, but it's not super high either. I bought a datacable on ebay for $7 shipped...the things are SO cheap on there!

It didn't come yet, but I tried my friend's datacable and I actually think it's pretty cool to sync phones. It's cool with verizon because they block all the transferring ringtones/pictures, but there's all this software that let's you do it anyway. :cool:

My phone is compatible with iSync natively, so I didn't try any software, but I did sync up my address book and stuff! Makes it a heck of a lot easier than typing in everyone's name on the phone.

I say you buy a datacable and see how it goes. They're pretty cheap, and you can resell it on ebay and loose a few bucks at most.

Good luck. :)

3. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to splurge on the cable and see what happens.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

5. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

Yes, I use Cingular.

I found a cable on eBay for $0.02! Shipping was $5.95, so $5.97 WITH TWO MEGA DISKS (that will be of no use to me) isn't such a bad deal.