Anyone Tried emusic.com for downloading music?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by pbagaindoc, Dec 8, 2005.

1. pbagaindoc macrumors member

How would you compare emusic and itunes in buying music? emusic.com are mp3 format. Are they mac compatible? Thanks in advance! :) ;)

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

MP3 is fine.

You can download music from external sources and as long as they are suitable for iPod or iTunes, they will work. The universal format is MP3, which is fine. The only format that won't work is WMA as far as I know.

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

emusic gives you a non-protected mp3 at (arguably) a higher quality bitrate. They work fine in iTunes and with an iPod (i use it on a Mac). Their pricing is much different - you pay a fixed amount per month which gives you a certain number of downloads per month - great for sampling new music (and you own the songs, you are not renting them).

The only consideration is if you would download enough to make it worthwhile - I find they have a pretty good selection of alternative music, but not mainstream artists. Highly recommend checking it out.
    I find emusic and iTunes to be complementary.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed. It's a great place to download a lot of music iTunes does not have.

5. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Yeah, I got a free 100 songs from compusa a few weeks back for emusic. I wasn't impressed by the selection of music. If you're in to the more obscure stuff its good. The selection of classical music was pretty decent. Compatibility is no problem at all.
    Needless to say, I downloaded my 100 songs and cancelled my trial subscription. :D