anyone tried NFS carbon?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bearbo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

has anyone tried NFS carbon demo by any chance? how is it, is it really just plainly similar to Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift? I'd hate if the thing the feature intensely is drifting...

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

it's like a big shiny dyson vacuum cleaner.

looks really fancy but at the end of the day - still sucks.

3. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

4. mrcammy macrumors member

5. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Is there a cockpit view? Be nice if there were working gauges as well...

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

short answer no.

long answer noooooooooooooooo

technically they are both the same answer but EA are so **** they deserve both.

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Geez. What ever happened to the team that did NFS Porshce Unleashed :confused: The best that series has ever seen, IMHO.

8. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

most wanted was pretty good imo

underground two was a bit of a Ehhh... i just can't get the drift thing right.. any pointers from the experts?

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yeah most of the driving experts avoid NFS :D ;) :)

Those drifting levels in the demo are just plain awful, so bad they made me physically wretch. I've not played anything as bad as that in a long while....

10. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

11. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

I tried the Xbox 360 demo and the framerate was really bad, so bad it makes it unplayable to me. And even if they fix that, it doesn't seem to be that much of a game anyway.

There are some strong points about this game, like car customization, which is really well done, but it fails at entertaining me as a racing game because it lacks good car handling.
    I don't really care if a racing game handles in an arcade or simulative way, I appreciate both in a different way. It's just that this particular game doesn't give me any good feeling when I drive. It's arcade style, in a boring way.

Also I don't get why the same car acts like it is on rails when you drive it in a race against the clock and then it acts like you're driving on ice when you select a drift race. It doesn't make any sense and I find both modes boring handling-wise.

Bottom line: there are much better racing games on any platform, don't waste your time on this one.