Anyone try the Cingular 8125 smartphone?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by id-sign, May 17, 2006.

1. id-sign macrumors member

Oct 21, 2005
  2. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2005
    The Hub of the Universe
    Get a palm based treo. Why would you want to have to deal with windows? :rolleyes:
  3. Wayne Nicholas macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2006
    For what it's worth, I've used Palm for years and recently tried a Treo 650. Not impressed. Bluetooth signal was weak and the darn thing freezes up and needs a reboot frequently. I'd stay away.
  4. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005

I would agree with that if the person buying just wants an easy phone out of the box that is good to go. However in my opinion the Palm OS is not nearly as customizable as the Windows Mobile 5. With many people developing awesome applications and tools for the platform, it can be quite the workhorse in the palm of your hands.

Right now Im using the Tmobile MDA, basically a twin of the 8125 but in a different casing and I love it. Alot of people from HowardForums that use Mac are loving Missing Sync. I would get it myself, but I just dont have money to throw around.

Some other applications I would recommend when you get the device is SPB Diary and SPB Pocket Plus. They definitely make the PocketPC experience ALOT better.