Anyone use Filterstorm Pro for photo editing?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by kingalexthe1st, Apr 14, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2013
    Hey guys,

I just got my first DLSR and have been looking in to decent photo editing apps for the iPad. Filterstorm Pro looks like the front-runner at the moment so I was wondering if anyone around here has experience with it?

I'm looking to have an app that can handle RAW images, preferably with the ability to do curves. I want to steer away form using my MBA just because I'll be on the road when I do most of the image manipulation. Saying that, I already have Snapheal on the MBA which I'll probably crack out every now and again to remove any unwanted trees/rocks/children.

2. macrumors newbie

Mar 13, 2013
    It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure. The only reason it's still on my iPad is some of its automations look great.
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2013
    I read a few more reviews and they all the had same conclusion. Leaning more towards photogene now.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2011
    Definitely agreed! And before I go further, I'm not using the "pro" version, but rather the universal version that I got before I had an iPad, but now use on my mini.

All I'll add is that after spending a little time with FS, I'm impressed with it's capability. In particular, being able to add filters by mask, and then being able to go back to as many as 5 masks and tweaking them separately before combining all effects.

5. macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2013
    I used Photo Eraser but it only remove parts from photo. It could not do more editing.