Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Hey guys,

I just got my first DLSR and have been looking in to decent photo editing apps for the iPad. Filterstorm Pro looks like the front-runner at the moment so I was wondering if anyone around here has experience with it?

I'm looking to have an app that can handle RAW images, preferably with the ability to do curves. I want to steer away form using my MBA just because I'll be on the road when I do most of the image manipulation. Saying that, I already have Snapheal on the MBA which I'll probably crack out every now and again to remove any unwanted trees/rocks/children.

Thanks!
Alex

Warrenn

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure. The only reason it's still on my iPad is some of its automations look great.

kingalexthe1st

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure. The only reason it's still on my iPad is some of its automations look great.

I read a few more reviews and they all the had same conclusion. Leaning more towards photogene now.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
It's not one of the most user friendly photo editing iPad apps for sure.

Definitely agreed! And before I go further, I'm not using the "pro" version, but rather the universal version that I got before I had an iPad, but now use on my mini.

All I'll add is that after spending a little time with FS, I'm impressed with it's capability. In particular, being able to add filters by mask, and then being able to go back to as many as 5 masks and tweaking them separately before combining all effects.

Regards,
Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.