Anyone use hd advance?

Discussion in 'Games' started by jer446, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Well i just bought hd advance for my brother as a holiday gift.. hes excited about it..it will save loading times a lot.. has anyone used it? What are there experiences with it? I just bought the hd and ethernet thing so he can use it with his ps2...
    Im confused about how to play games that are on my comptuer.. Do i need to do the swap thing.. or can i just burn like an iso for example, and it will be able to rip the game to the hd..

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I use HD Loader. It's pretty much the same thing, but IMO HD Loader is slightly more polished. The easiest way to get games off the computer is to use software such as this (this one is Windows only). Basically, you connect the hd to the computer, run this program, and select the image. It's pretty easy. Burning and swapping probably won't work, because you need to boot from the HD Advanced disk, not the game.

3. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

yeah, if you could please post how it works out. I just got a ethernet adapter and might download hd loader to try it out. keep us posted!

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

HD loader is not for download. It costs approximately $25.

6. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Hahahahahahaha..... thats a good one! "not for download" hahah hehehe.... ok ok.. I'll stop laughing. Im not endorsing piracy or theft... but anything is available for download! ;)

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It's bad enough that some people use this program to circumvent buying for software, rather than to improve load times and save the PS2 laser like it was meant to do. But you want to rip off the game maker and the hdloader maker. You really should check your morals.

8. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Hmmm ok.... morals checked! :rolleyes: Seriously though, I own a ton of games that I purchased. I would use it to back those up, and also save some games that I would not buy normaly. Also, There is no way Im paying for software until I get to use it first and see that its what I want.

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

So basically you want to break the law? Maybe you should go to another forum where they openly allow you to talk about illegal activies.

10. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Who do you think you are to tell me where to go? If you want to get technical (which I do not) there are a TON of people on this forum who talk about "Backing up" software that they do not own, or downloading software like frontrow that is hacked to run on other macs than the iMac it is only supposed to run on. Dont get all high and mighty on me because I want to try software out and back up some games that I would normaly not buy. And to be quite honest, you are not even worth the time I have already spent typing this so dont expect another response. Hopefully you can lighten up some or you will lead a very unhappy and boring life. Peace!

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Illegal activies are looked down upon in this forum. If you want to do illegal things, then that is your prerogative. Just don't post about it here.