Anyone use Markspace Missing sync ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Old Smuggler, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

Anyone use Markspace Missing sync ?

i have a treo 650 and i was wondering how it worked out for you if you had
    missing sync

2. Old Smuggler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I use it for my sidekick, works great. The only problem is, for iCal events that I have repeating monthly, it can't copy all the events into my sidekick becuase the monthly events run forever on the mac, but the sidekick only has a set number of event slots available. It doesn't really bother me though, I don't need my monthly events for 2008 on my sidekick.

4. Old Smuggler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler

cool thanks
    maybe ill see different results on my treo
    was wondering how it handled the instalation of third party programs
    if i still had to use the original software or if missing sync handles it

5. hope macrumors newbie

Had a 650 with missing sync as well as using a few Sony Clies and Missing Sync has always worked great. Syncs perfectly with third parties and really integrates the apple software with the palm (such as iPhoto, iTunes, iSync). I just wish I had my 650 again. Sold it for a PPC 6700 WM device and I miss my Palm. Anyway....

6. Grasbak macrumors 6502

I have used the missing sync for a while with my mobile phone (SPV C500).

As mentioned above it seems to have difficulty with recurring tasks. I have had to revert to using v2 (2.5 is now available) as I had major problems syncing with iCal.

Worst thing is if you are not careful you end deleting appointments from both phone and computer during the sync process! Not really acceptable! I have spoken to Mark Space (via email) and they suggets various things but I dont have time to test software for them! I paid for a working version but I feel like a beta tester (I told them this)

Bring on the iPhone.....

7. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Missing Sync is worth every penny. I have used it with my Treo 700p for Sprint and all of my previous Palm devices. One of the best features I think is having so many customized profiles such as only wanting to install and backup, only install contacts and calendars. Another great thing is that the new Missing Sync fully implements all of the neat tidbits in your address book such as custom info lines and attaches all the picutres you have for each contact.

The last thing on Missing Sync i love is that the .prc app "Missing Sync" turns your device into an ejectable card reader for your SD card built.

Amazing, so amazing that I always trusted it with every device I had, so I have 3 versions registered under my name: Palm OS, Pokcet PC and Windows Mobile version. Missing Sync is an app you can't live without if you have a Treo.

8. mufflon macrumors 6502

I've used it for tapwave's zodiac (sorrowfully the handheld stopped working shortly after the company that made it, tapwave, threw in the towel), worked great - it even let you install proprietary games and stuff - really nice, the gui felt solid and the application never crashed :)