Anyone use nice headphones with your iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by L2gbrian, Apr 6, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jan 5, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone uses there iPad with nice headphones like Dre beats etc.....
  2. macrumors 68000

Jul 7, 2007
    The hood
    Pioneer hdj1000s when I tracking stuff but I rock a pair of in ear sonys when Laying in bed.

The headphones weren't originally for the iPad if that's what u meant. Any who, it's a great investment for some quality in ear hp when u just want to listen to music while surfing the interwebs.
  3. macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2008
    Beats aren't nice, they're over priced skull candys. Try Etymotic, Ultimate Ears, Grado, or Westone.
  4. macrumors member

Mar 18, 2011
  5. macrumors 6502a

Apr 9, 2010
    Grado 60 and/or 80s. I prefer my 60s over my wife's 80s.
  6. M-5
    macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2008
    I've used these Bose on-ear headphones for probably a little over two years. I know there are a lot of people who probably don't like Bose and would say they could find a better product for the money, but I've really enjoyed these headphones and love them.

I've used these basically every day since I've owned them, and I've never regretted purchasing them.

7. macrumors 68040

Jul 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
  8. macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2009
    Im using beats pro, and they are great.
  9. macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Mine are getting delivered TODAY!! I usually would not spent that much $$$ on any pair of headphones.. and I agree that for $400 there are better options out there.. but mine are a gift.. so I cannot complain!
  10. macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
  11. macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2009
    awesome, enjoy them!
  12. macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2007
  13. macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks! I had the studios and sold them when I found out I was getting the pros. Strange but the battery powered noise cancellation in the Studios made me dizzy. Happens to me with the Bose QC too. Glad I wont have to worry about that anymore!
  14. macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2009
    I had studios as well and the pros are a lot better - they surprisingly cancel noise in normal conditions (not in an airplane) and they dont leak sound at all whereas the studios did. The only thing you will notice right off the bat is they are not as comfortable as the studios because of the weight, but after the 1st week, you'll be set in them for sure.
  15. macrumors 68020

Jul 28, 2008
    $400?! :eek:
  16. macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    I am actually looking forward to the sturdier (heavier) build... one thing with the studios is that they were so plasticky (love making up words) that i could never rest my head back for fear of breaking them (on long flights and road trips)... heard the pros were tough as nails! so im not too worried about them not being as comfortable... i am not sure i love the coiled cable design but i can always just order the cables from the solos (pause button, mic, and volume controls included!!) down the road
  17. macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Yup.. quite pricey! I got lucky and received the studios as a gift.. then my sister's boyfriend got the pros but hated the fit and traded them for my studios straight up... so i basically got the pros for free! =) happy happy..
  18. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2011
    Do you use/need an amp for those?
  19. macrumors 6502a

Jun 25, 2010
    Yes I have this exact combo. Very happy with them.
  20. macrumors newbie

Mar 26, 2011
    I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 448.

Awesome bang for the buck! Cost me 55 euro's. Can also use them on the road etc, as they are CLOSED over the ear, and leak no sound.

The have a great review on
  21. macrumors regular

Mar 14, 2011
    I cant stand people who wear those god ugly beats headphones...

Its like wearing a $200 Monster Cable around your neck saying look at me I overpaid by $195 for an HDMI cable cause im a MONSTER!!
  22. macrumors regular

Feb 17, 2008
    I have these and they are awesome!!!!
    Sennheiser IE8
  23. macrumors 68030

Apr 15, 2010
    Sennheiser PXC250's, folding noise cancelling on-the-ear headphones. Just wore them on a 12 hour flight from Newark, NJ to Tel Aviv, Israel with most of that watching the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy - extended edition ripped down to my iPad 2. Headphone batteries (noise cancelling gizmo) ran out before the iPad 2 did. Very comfy headphones, this is my second pair from Sennheiser. Great travel companion.
  24. macrumors 68030

Jun 24, 2004
    Me three!

Don't use them with the iPad too often as I've only got about 3GB of tunes on there, all imported at the lower aac encode. The P5's are used with my iPhone most of the time with it's higher rate encodes & lossless files. I <3 B&W.
  25. macrumors 65816

Feb 22, 2011
    It was highlighted on another forum that there's a serious lack of good headphones from British manufactures, yet we are renowned for making such high quality Hi-Fi gear. it's good to see B&W tap into the headphones market but we need more British makers to get in there.

I've considered in the past the P5's but i'm no fan of on ears, if they come out with circumaural "P6" I will seriously contemplate getting a pair.