Anyone use Omnigraffle?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FrankBlack, Dec 14, 2006.

1. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I am doing diagrams of small networks more often, and I fine that Omnigraffle fits the bill very nicely. The "pro" version even exports to (dare I say it) Viso file format.

Omni skimped a little on the manual, so there is a bit of a learning curve. Still, this app is damn cool. Anyone else use this?

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I used it for a little bit in my IT class and I find it very good. You learn more about it by using it I would say.

3. Queso macrumors G4

I use it all the time, for both process and network diagrams. One of the best apps on the Mac as far as I'm concerned. Visio-like enough for new users to pick up the basics, but it goes way beyond Visio in what it can produce if you use it properly.

They've just released their OmniPlan MS-Project like app too. I'll be downloading the demo of that when I get some time to play on it.

4. FrankBlack thread starter macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I just drew out another quick network diagram today, and this App is amazing. I figured I was not the only one.

Another fave of mine is MacDraft. If you need to do some 2D mechanical drawings, this will probably fill the bill. I think this has been around as long as the Mac platform itself. The personal edition can be had for less than a hundred bucks.

5. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

No. Never really had a legitimate use for it. I've played around with it in the past though. It's pretty cool.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I need a real project for it but I've played a lot with it. Considering that it works with OmniOutliner, I'm interested in seeing what can be done on a tutorial website I'm creating.

7. mcarvin macrumors regular

Hey you, how's things?

I used the killer combo of Outliner/Graffle until yesterday, when I was forced to go PC. IM me if you still have me IM name and I'll help you through what you need.