Anyone use Pocket Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mus0r, May 30, 2005.

1. mus0r macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2005
    I got an Audiovox/Toshiba PDA for $20 last week (no, it's not stolen :rolleyes: ) and I bought Pocket mac pro. The thing is, I have a hell of a time getting it to connect when it's in the cradle. I'm not sure if it's a software issue, or a bad cradle, or what. It's pretty touch and go. Sometimes it will diconnect on its own and never be able to reconnect. Sometimes restarting helps, but not always.

On the whole, it's not a bad app, I just want to know if it's the Pocket PC or the software that's to blame.

Oh, and I definately dig the Mac theme. It's so much nicer seeing a blue Apple in the corner and on the "desktop" than seeing a start menu the Windoze logo :D ...Yeah, I admit, it was the whole reason I bought the Pro version rather than Lite.
  2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    Try "The Missing Sync" to sync it with your Mac, which I think is what you want to do. :confused:
  3. Loge macrumors 68020

Jun 24, 2004
    I've not had any connection problems using Pocket Mac Pro with my iPaq 4700. Synchronizing calendar entries does not seem to work 100% though, but that's another issue - the connectivity seems robust. Maybe the problem you have is with the cradle or the PDA.
  4. mus0r thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2005

Well what I don't understand is that it doesn't sync upon connection, always. Sometimes I have to go to the icon and tell it to sync via Bluetooth (which I don't have) and change it back to USB. Then it will detect the Pocket PC with no problem. It's just annoying having to do that as oftwn as I do.