Anyone use the DAC-100 converter with iMovie HD 6?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by muzikool, Apr 13, 2006.

1. muzikool macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005
    I'm getting ready to buy an ADC and I've all but settled for Datavideo's DAC-100 DV Converter. Datavideo's web site actually provides guides for using the converter with iMovie, but version 5 is the latest guide posted.

I was hoping to get feedback from someone using the DAC-100 with the latest version of iMovie, just to give me a piece-of-mind that everything works well together.

One question for anyone with this product: Does iMovie preview the video for you as it is imported? I know it does straight from a DV cam, but I don't know about analog video passing through the DAC-100. I couldn't find information that told me either way for certain.

Thanks for the feedback! :D
  2. muzikool thread starter macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005
    Since I've had no replies, let me broaden my question and ask if anyone uses the DAC-100 converter at all. I've seen a few recommendations for it here, so I assume someone has experience with it. Anyone?
  3. mr.z macrumors newbie

Apr 18, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've used the DAC-100 problem free with FCP HD, FCP Studio, and iMovie '05. I don't have iMovie HD, so I am not certain if it will work well or not. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't though.
  4. muzikool thread starter macrumors member

Apr 5, 2005
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know of your experience with it. :)