Anyone use this bag?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coachingguy, Mar 3, 2007.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I know there are 100's of bag threads. Having scanned them, I rarely see anything about Brenthaven. My new Macbook will arrive Monday and I'm looking for a new bag.

Has anyone used the Brenthaven Fusion MB Messenger Bag (Black) for 12 - 15.4-inch Notebooks?
    Apple has it in their clearance section for $59.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Coachingguy

2. Planet Telex macrumors member

I've had it about 4 months and have been pretty happy. It fits my 15" macbook perfectly.

The protection is excellent and shoulder strap comfort is also very good. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a suitcase handle passthrough in the back so that you carry it on top of a suitcase.

3. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

your 15" macbook? is that the model that EVERYONE wants but no one has?

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

I can't tell you about the Fusion, but I have the Brenthaven "Metro Black" case (for about a year). It is a great bag (if you don't need room for much extra stuff besides the computer, adapter and a few cords).

* I use it every day for a MBP 15.
    * The computer slides in and out easily.
    * The case fits the computer like a glove.
    * The computer seems extremely well protected in this case. I feel like I could throw the case around without damaging the computer inside (though I don't really want to put this to the test.)
    * The sholder strap is well padded and comfortable.
    * There isn't a lot of space for extra stuff.

So, in my experience Brenthaven makes a good bag, and I'd definitely buy another one.

5. coachingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

How much space?

Planetelex,

How much space does it have? I need enough for my macbook:D and some folders, cables etc... I look at some of these 600 cubic inch bags and I know they won't work! This bag is almost 1200 cubic inches. I guess I'm stuck between carrying a "suitcase", my current Victorionox bag or something too small. I want something in between. I like carrying bags messenger style anyways.

I really like how Brenthaven bags look. Black, sleek, sturdy, professional.

To all who commented, thanks!

Coachingguy