Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Hi
I've been hunting around a while for an alternative to MS Project that I could use on my PowerBook and came across iTaskx .

I've downloaded it and got an evaluation licence which lasts for 30 days and so far I'm quite impressed by it. I had a fairly complex MS Project file in progress on my work Windows computer and iTaskx imported an XML saved version of it without a hiccup, which was a pleasant surprise. It also has an MS-Project feel about it, which provides some comfort.

However as its early days yet I thought I would ask if anyone out there is also using it/has evaluated it as I would welcome peoples views.

Vanilla
PS: I also have tried out Merlin , but a/its rather more expensive than iTaskx, b/the interface takes a bit more getting used to than iTaskx and c/ the demo only allows for 20 tasks that stopped me from importing existing projects.

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Apologies for this flagrant attempt at resurrecting this thread but I am interested in any views out there on this application

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I've been a light user of iTaskX for about 6 months, and have been pretty happy with it. The couple of MS Project import/exports that I've done seemed to work OK if I remember rightly.

My needs are pretty basic, pretty much gantt based - no fancy resource scheduling or costing, so I can't help on those fronts. For my needs it works fine and is a reasonable price compared to Merlin and some of the others

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.