Anyone user Lion and a Sabio CM404 NAS?

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by EmbeddedBob, May 5, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I just brought up a CM404 last night. My wife's PC (Win7) has no problems accessing it and creating files on it.

On my iMac, I can log on to the same account as my wife uses, and I can see a directory she created, but Finder can't open the directory:

The folder "test" can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its contents.​

Is anyone else using a CM404 and willing to answer some questions?

Bob

2. macrumors newbie

CM404 Nightmare!

Hi, I put an incredible amount of data on the unit and lost access with Lion as well. Further to this, I've been in contact with the company and while they agreed to refund my purchase, I've since not been able to get the thing to boot. I'm so exasperated and would never buy from an unknown again. Saving a few dollars may now cost me thousands. I'd be happy to team up with you and any others to get them to take responsibility. If you can see your data, at least you can copy it somewhere else.

3. macrumors newbie

Does Mountain Lion improve NAS connectivity?

Lion is a networking nightmare, pretty much impossible for me to mount any form of connection to the Sabio CM404. Supposedly, doing an NFS mount would be the answer - which is totally broken, my conclusion after many, many hours of trying all kinds of mounting options. AND IT'S SO FRUSTRATING BECAUSE IT'S SOOOO EASY AND RELIABLE TO USE Windows (XP, 7, whatever).

If anyone has been able to NFS mount a Sabio CM404 on a Lion client, please let us know the details.

Now a new release from Apple. DOES MOUNTAIN LION FIX THE PROBLEM?

4. macrumors newbie

Answer is NO. But that said, all other vendors fixed the issue in firmware. Kiss that device goodbye if you live on Mac or use it with Windows alone.

5. macrumors newbie

Sabio Mac Solution Yet?

Has anyone figured a solution for a Sabio NAS access on Lion or Mountain Lion OS yet?

6. macrumors newbie

Please Post This On Apple's Site

Also, if you can report bug.apple.com.

I've gone back/forth with them on this.

7. macrumors newbie

bug.apple.com is that a web address or supposed to be an email address?

8. macrumors newbie

Web. Not sure if you need a developers account to access now that it hits me. If you can't, there is a place to write them...this issue has fine in solved for too long.

9. macrumors newbie

I can't access it I guess.