Anyone using an iLift arm with a 30" Cinema?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by DavidCar, Jun 29, 2005.

1. DavidCar macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    If anyone is using an iLift arm from LCD arms for a 30" HD Cinema Display, I am wondering how well the cable management works for the thick cable that goes into the display.

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    Wouldn't know, but isn't the cable the same size for every (DVI-apple) display? It should work fine, judging on the pictures on their site. The arm looks thick enough to house a few of those cables. ;)
  3. DavidCar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    My interest is in the angle the cable would have to be bent when the arm is in its lowest position. It appears from the iLift spec sheet that the cable would have to bend instantly at a 45 degree angle. From looking at the cable at the back of the 30" display at the dealer, the cable won't bend with that small of a radius.

Also, I wouldn't want to bend it that sharply anyway for fear it would eventually fatigue and break one of the wires in the cable. That happened to me once some years ago when I used a desktop display attached to a laptop portable. Using it that way over a year or so, moving the cable every day, eventually broke one of the small wires in the cable to the display. (Not an Apple display)

That is why I was wondering if anyone had any practical experience with this arm and display. I was wondering if it was more practical to clip the cable to the arm, rather than install it internally to the arm, avoiding the sharp angle.