Anyone using eyeTV on an intel Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by umdjb, Jan 31, 2007.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I am just looking to see if anyone is using eyeTV on an Intel Mac. What type of performance do you see? What kind of specs do you have? I want to buy it for my MBP C2D but I am unsure my 1GB of RAM is going to be sufficient?

Do I have anything to worry about?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

was running the eyetv with Mac Mini 1.5 solo 512mb just before x-mas all was fine - bit slow on the hard drive side though for recording but all in all ok

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

For displaying all SD signals, you'll be fine - even for HD signals you won't see any trouble. It might hiccup upon recording and broadcasting HD signals (at first) but you should be okay after the first few seconds. The eyeTV uses the processors far more than the RAM (it seems).

4. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

i ran an old eyeTv 410 (firewire 400, onboard decoder) on my old iMac G4, 800Mhz and 512Mb ram. Worked just fine :cool: took a little while to rewind live tv etc. but it works with not notable problems :)

Any intel mac, 512Mb or above should run it just fine, even with the USB eyeTV boxes :D

5. ibglowin macrumors regular

Works fine on Intel Mini

1.6 Core Duo
    2MB Ram
    EyeTV 500

Plays back HDTV just fine.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

it works fine on my imac, my only issue is that i'm at school in the dorms and some of the channels are messed, other then that no problems. I'm using an el gato 250

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'm using a Miglia TvMini iMac Core 2 Duo 2Gb Ram, absolutely no problems at all with eyeTV.

8. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I use the EyeTV Hybrid (USB Dongle US Version) with mny PowerMac G5 and my 2.16 C2D MBP. Both work fine. I even use my 20" Aluminum Cinema Display to play Playstation2 with and it works great.