Anyone Using Professional Audio Sequencer via Bootcamp or Parallels?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gvdv, Mar 2, 2007.

1. gvdv macrumors regular

Hi,
    After much hard thought and research I've decided to go Mac (Pro) for my audio sequencing (multitrack) and video editing needs.

While I plan to use Final Cut Express to for my ('prosumer') video editing needs, I had had my heart set on using Sonar Producer Edition 6 as my multitrack program (will be using an RME FireFace 400 as my audio interface).

I have heard on other forums of people successfully and unsuccessfully using PC sequencing programs like Sonar via Bootcamp, and am wondering if anyone here has done this as I plan to install XP or Vista on the Mac and use Sonar.

I'm specifically interested in any conflicts/problems/solutions, and - the main bain of recording audio on the PC in a multitrack situation when using an audio interface - would love to know about the degree of latency that results.

Thanks,

GVDV

2. briangelfand macrumors newbie

sonar and bootcamp

I am actually running sonar 8 on a black mac book - with the M-AUdio Firewire 410. My only issue has been with also using an external firewire drive, which does not seem to work, although the 410 works just fine. So I hook my external drive through USB 2.0