Anyone using the Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kraythe, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Kraythe macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2005
    One button just doesnt do it for me. If I finally take the plunge to mac, I was wondering if I will be able to use my MX1000 laser mouse? If anyone uses it I would love to hear about your experiences? Can I program right click to pop contextual menus, perhaps even have the window button pop up expose?

Did you get it working and how did you program it ?

2. mfacey macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2004

I've been using the mx 1000 with my powerbook for about 6 months now. Works flawlessly. All buttons are programmable using Logitech's software that is included with the mouse (which can also be downloaded from their support pages). So you can program the buttons to do whatever you heart desires. Expose is very useful for the thumbbuttons!

Only thing that bothers me is the lack of BT. But I guess you can't have everything!

By the way, there are dozens of posts on the mx1000 here. Do a quick search next time. You'll get to your answers a lot quicker!
  3. sakasune macrumors member

Mar 12, 2004
    Yeah, I used USB Overdrive (I'm too lazy to link the page, you can Google it) to program the buttons, I didn't even think to use Logitech's software. I already had USB Overdrive installed for another mouse.
  4. siliconjones macrumors member

Feb 19, 2004
    I hate My MX1000

I wish I could take it back but its to late. It jumps around so much. It is most irratating. I have about 61 inches of screen real estate and I'll be mousing and it will just disappear and reappear completely on the other side of my desktop. It does this about once every 20 seconds. Anyone have any suggestions. I would like to use it because it was quite expensive.
  5. iDarenotsay macrumors newbie

Jul 25, 2005
    Sounds like you got a bad mouse...I on the other hand, LOVE my MX1000. Best mouse I EVER used.
  6. Niedjaeger macrumors newbie

Jan 22, 2011
    I bought the new apple magic mouse but I dont like it. Awful. So I use my MX 1000. I have 2 MX 1000. If one battery is empty I just have to change. MX 1000 with lithium ion battery built in is the best mouse. There is nothing better.
  7. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Jan 12, 2010
    It might be bluetooth/wifi interference.

Personally I have given up on using wireless peripherals. It just isn't worth the hassle.
  8. kellen macrumors 68020

Aug 11, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    5 year thread call up. Just an FYI to the future people who respond.
  9. mabaker macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2008
    Best mouse ever created. Point blanc.

Not even the MX revolution comes close.
  10. r0k macrumors 68040

Mar 3, 2008
    I use Logitech V470 mice. Two buttons and a wheel/center button are plenty for me and the battery life is excellent compared to the Apple Magic Mouse rotting away in my drawer. Perhaps if I had a newer MBP that supported multitouch on the built in trackpad, I'd appreciate Magic Mouse more but for now the V470 does it for me. It's been a long time since I had a mouse that needed charging an internal battery (like the mx1000). My "brick farm" is already too crowded with iPod, phone and other chargers to bother with one just for my mouse. I do have a brick for my V470 to power a duracell AA NiMh charger that charges batteries I can also use in my point and shoot cameras and dozens of other devices.
  11. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Feb 22, 2009
    Replying to this bad boy anyway. My MX1000 from February 2006 is still going strong (build, battery, performance still top notch!)
  12. SandboxGeneral Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Orbiting a G-type Main Sequence Star
    I'd say it was a good use of MRoogle or Google for once! :)

Also, I love the Logitech Performance MX. I have two and just ordered a third today for my new iMac.
  13. ng7apoc macrumors member

Jul 29, 2010
    I'm also still using my MX1000 its by far the best mouse I've ever used :)

But I just want to add some praise for Logitech and their support here when I had my MX700 they sent me new pads after I wore them out and when my MX1000 was delivered it came with the wrong power adaptor (not a UK one). With the place I bought it from being unhelpful I sent an email to Logitech who sent me a new one out.
  14. grendelum macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2011
    10.6.7 issues...

I know this thread is old, but it is a top hit @ search engines...

I have the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse and it is still the most comfortable and useful mouse I have ever had (tho the Magic Mouse is *AWESOME* when it comes to all things non-gaming related), for some reason, the Logitech Control Center v3.3.0 on a new Core i7 iMac running OS X.6.7 says 'No Logitech Device Found.'.

While the mouse does work in a basic mode... Left/Right buttons + Up/Down scroll wheel are working while the L/R scroll wheel + side thumb buttons do not. This is a shame since the latter functions are why I love this mouse so much (beyond how perfectly it fits in my hand).

So if anyone has run into this and found a fix (some 3rd party app maybe?) I would greatly appreciate the help.