Anyone Using the Turbo 264

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Scarpad, Jan 17, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

Jan 13, 2005
    with the Latest Software for it from Elgato, seems like the latest version has some issues. I've gotton alot of Breakup of the image toward say the last 10 minutes of the encode, I get an extremely pixilated image, sound is still there. Also it used to encode movies anamorphically, that seems to be not working now. Audio does'nt encode about 100-128kbps, even if you specify higher. There just seems to be alot of Bugs this time around.
  2. macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2007
    Signal Hill, CA
    The only problem I have seen since the upgrade is much slower encoding, and everynow and then, it seems as if its not even using the USB dongle for encoding, as I will see my CPU go up to 100%. I checked the forums at and there are a few complaints about it. We are just all waiting for them to come out with another update.

3. macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I had to downgrade. It wasn't recognizing the dongle and then would just crap itself after contemplating the input file for a while. Meh.
  4. macrumors 6502

Jan 20, 2004
    Can the turbo 264 be implemented at all to help out the encoding process of .mkv's to mp4s in VisualHub? Probably not, but just wondering...