Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dadoftwogirls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Florida
Anyone currently using this? Thoughts.... good... bad? I tried a PS one and didn't have a good experience although I know they are very highly regarded here in the forums. I am thinking of giving PS another shot, but was wondering if anyone had tired the Zagg version and wanted some feedback. Some have posted about pixelation, other issues? I have used Zagg clear in the past with decent success on my iPhones and I know that they can take 24-48 hours to cure? Is that the case or do they really distort the screen?

Thanks for your feedback.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Anyone currently using this? Thoughts.... good... bad? I tried a PS one and didn't have a good experience although I know they are very highly regarded here in the forums. I am thinking of giving PS another shot, but was wondering if anyone had tired the Zagg version and wanted some feedback. Some have posted about pixelation, other issues? I have used Zagg clear in the past with decent success on my iPhones and I know that they can take 24-48 hours to cure? Is that the case or do they really distort the screen?

ZAGG Anti-Glare? No such thing.

Personal preference for me, but I really don't like the finished look and feel of a ZAGG screen protector.

Last edited:

neworleans-7

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008

If the Anti-Glare iPad 2 shield is the same type of shield as the one for the iPhone 4 don't get it. It looks horrible. I got one for my iPhone and it was garbage.

dbarron8

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
Good, bad, ugly

I just got this thing. It feels great. There is no glare. There are no finger prints. The antiglare however creates a sort of prism effect on the surface that appears to lower the resolution. It is like a color noise layer. It is really bothersome. I am trying to evaluate what is worse, finger prints and glare or color noise. Had I saw this I probably wouldn't have bought it.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
I just got this thing. It feels great. There is no glare. There are no finger prints. The antiglare however creates a sort of prism effect on the surface that appears to lower the resolution. It is like a color noise layer. It is really bothersome. I am trying to evaluate what is worse, finger prints and glare or color noise. Had I saw this I probably wouldn't have bought it.

+1

I just had this installed, and while it really eliminates fingerprints and glare, the "color noise" it generates is nearly as distracting as the glare.

I'll keep it on for now, but I'm ordering a Steinheil UO ASAP, and hope I can find someone to install it for me (I've ruined too many of these things to admit to...I'm happy to pay someone to do it for me.)

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I bought one at my local BB and had them install it. Yeah, it removed the glare and fingerprints didn't stick to it but aesthetically I hated it. It appeared to dampen/mute the brilliant colors. The tech was kind enough to remove it and I had them install the regular one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.