Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oh god no !! :eek:

OP, I strongly suggest you don't see any bits of the gameplay/trailers/reviews/videos of the game and the movie I might add. Just buy the game, install, start playing and enjoy.

I recently played through the first one. Still awesome as ever :cool:

Amount of hard work and passion put into it by Remedy, who were a small studio/company at the time, is for everyone to see. If you look at the credits closely, each person has multiple responsibilities. No wonder it took them 5 years to finish and polish it.

Yeah, the movie not only gives away spoilers, it was also a genuinely horrible film. That was a waste of money.

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
very muddy looking on my hardware?

I think that was the point. The color palette of Fallout 3 was supposed to be dirty and muted. They did that on purpose, although many people took issue with it :). I liked it; I think it went very well with the futuristic 50's thing they had going on. I hear that New Vegas is going to be much brighter (it is in Vegas, after all.) In terms of apocalypse games, Metro 2033 is supposedly pretty good. I'm looking forward to playing it. The bullets as $$ concept seems rather interesting.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I think that was the point. The color palette of Fallout 3 was supposed to be dirty and muted. They did that on purpose, although many people took issue with it :). I liked it; I think it went very well with the futuristic 50's thing they had going on. I hear that New Vegas is going to be much brighter (it is in Vegas, after all.) In terms of apocalypse games, Metro 2033 is supposedly pretty good. I'm looking forward to playing it. The bullets as $$ concept seems rather interesting.

I think the environment has a huge impact on the players. I guess it was enough in combination with other factors that kept F3 from clicking for me.

sagew

macrumors member
May 1, 2008
Try Allegiance, it's free...

I bought this game when it came out (was a microsoft game at the time) and it's amazing.

Microsoft ended up releasing the source code and the community has carried it ever since.

FREE to download and play online. Combination of FPS and RTS with heavy emphasis on teamwork and strategy.

Honestly one of my favorite games of all time. The best kept secret in games today.

Try it, you'll like it.

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Gamespot review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/allegiance/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Eric

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Max Payne
Max Payne 2 : The Fall of Max Payne

It doesn't get better than the above :cool:

If you haven't played the series yet, I highly recommend you do. In my top 3 PC games of all time easily.

Talk about story driven...these games are amazing. I've played through the original Max Payne three or four times. It's like a really gritty neo-noir movie made into a game. The comic-strip style cutscenes were a great way to overcome the stiff, fake looking animation that other games from ~2001 suffered from. One of very few games where I've really felt involved in the (dark and disturbing) story. Highly recommended.

clientsiman

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
Crete,Greece
I you should try Bioshock and Company of Heroes, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines . I also love more complicated grand strategy games like Heart of Iron 2. (I didn't like 3) and Victoria 2.

Civ iv, KOTOR are aslo really good games.

diegobgr

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
Dragon Age is the best PC RPG in years.

Team Fortress 2 is by far, the funniest and addictive FPS online game, IMO.

Also, Civilization IV, Colonization, Hearts of Iron III are incredibly strategy games.

And, all of them have Mac OS version.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.