anyone watch highdef transport stream (.ts) files on VLC player??? come here please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mackaveli, Aug 12, 2005.

1. mackaveli macrumors regular

May 1, 2005
    Hi, i'm just wondering if you do play highdef transport stream (.ts) files using VLC player if you can tell me what kind of playback you are getting because when i play some 2minute clips or so the playback stutters every once in awhile like every 20seconds or so.

I'm just wondering what kind of mac you have and version of VLC player you have and maybe what kind of options you selected in VLC player to get the best performance.

I have a PowerMac Dual 2.3ghz 1gig of ram and the radeon 9650. I read that the graphics card doesn't matter when using VLC player so is it my 1gig of ram that is slowing down my performance?

i would like to have crisp playback cause its annoying watching video clips and it stutter randomly. Thanks
  2. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    VLC suppose to work doesn't work for me on a large HD 1080p TS file (42gb), but it could be the file. Seeing no video or audio, although the progress bar is moving. No errors.

Intel C2D Mac
  3. sammich macrumors 601

Sep 26, 2006
    As soon as i read '".ts" file', i had to check it out, cos I have similar questions about a certain video that i have obtained and is also exactly 42 gigs :D
  4. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    I am thinking of trying it with my bootcamp windows partition and VLC...
  5. CWallace macrumors 601

Aug 17, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I've played 1080p ts files with no issues on a 2008 Mac Pro, 2007 iMac and 2008 MacBook Pro in VLC.
  6. gnomeisland macrumors 6502

Jul 30, 2008
    I got it to work (VLC 9.2) for a hot second but now no go. Any idea why? Anyone?