anyone watching the Emmys

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Aug 27, 2006.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I wonder how some of these people vote, some of the shows are great but some of the stuff is just not worth it.

I am maybe a little upset that 24 is 0 for 1 at the moment.

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I watched the En Memorial segment in honor of Don Knotts and endured the speeches from the three, face-fallen angels. Actually two looked pretty well preserved. Farreh looked like she could have used a draw of formaldehyde. :p

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i absolutely despise award shows of all types. They all succeed in being the most dreadfully boring television i've ever seen. Each minute watched feels like an eternity, I wouldn't wish forced watching of award shows on my worst enemy :p

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'm actually watching it now. Usually I just watch the first 15 minutes or so (the funny part), but this year everyone has managed to be funny (more or less).

I hope Bob doesn't die... ;)

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Which Bob? :p
    Dick Clark's bit was gutsy on his part, but sort of sad.

6. Silentwave macrumors 68000

a few parts I saw were funny, except who kept winning. I was keen on a few shows that didn't get enough wins.

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

A lot of the time, they award whoever is flavour of the month. They usually reward a show for a few years, and even though it's as good as ever, they won't get the 6 nominations they used to get. They'll get 1 or something. Award shows are weird.

Oh, and I think it makes for boring television. :eek:

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well...what's everybody saying now that 24 has won three major awards (actor, director, dramatic series) and is the talk of the town this morning?

I myself don't usually watch awards shows, because my favorites usually lose...but I find myself in the odd position today of not having seen three excellent series -- 24, The Office and The Daily Show -- walk away with Best Series statuettes in their categories.

Fantastic! :)