Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danferleo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Ok here's the thing. Just got a gorgeous iMac 24", 8800GT graphics card with 4gb ram and 3.06ghz. I would like to buy a good game like battlefield 2142 or Call of Duty 4. I have been reading complaints from mac users that have the same specs as I do having problems with games like these. I am worried too, now. In fact I am debating on whether or not to just install windows on bootcamp and use that as my way of playing games. With these specs I kind of plan on playing with the graphics settings on these games to high detail. Can anyone help me out with info?

TFMTASAD

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
In my experience, you'll always get less framerate on the OSX version of most games. Sometimes it's not that big of a deal, sometime it is....depends on the quality of the port. If you plan on gaming seriously, get windows. Oh and by the way it's not a 8800GT it's a 8800GS, not quite as good.

I played a lot of Call of Duty on the exact same machine and it ran great. I suggest you also check out Team Fortress 2, it runs unbelievably good on this machine and it's a blast.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I've got some games for my 24" iMac. Spore, Battlefield, some Ambrosia stuff. It all runs good. But then I can boot into XP and play Team Fortress 2 on high in full res with a great frame rate and no lag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.