Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
the only site i know of is iphone4parts.com, anyone had one done before? my screen cracked so im weighing my options. thanks

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Your option should be $159/$199 OOW replacement and not low quality colored replacements. I know they all say they are OEM but I wouldn't bet the quality of my phone on it.

egk69

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
I've done like 20 iPhone 4 and 4S color conversions my self, for friends and some people my friends told. I'm not exactly sure what are you asking, but the quality of the parts its not OEM but its pretty damn close, some may leak some lightning of the screen through the edges or some other places, not that it bothers me or anyone that I know anyways...

The only thing is that it is not "Gorrilla Glass" , I suppose... , so it is a little bit more fragile that OEM parts. Not that it cant take a drop, cause I purposely throw my RED iPhone 4 to the floor (with a Bumper case) and I didn't break, I guess I have anger management issues :D, and I've accidently dropped my 4S dozen of times and it didnt break, until yet again I decided to give it a swing to a near wall with quite some force with no case at all, and it obviously broke into a million pieces! LOL!

iKustomeyez

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
Ca
just to let u know I color change phones.... I just changed a mid frame to gold and my personal phone has been changed to a mirror finish blue......

IMG_20120403_124921.jpg

Gold mid frame on left and my personal phone on right

pm me and we can talk prices
(prices are cheaper than what was mentioned and I warranty my work)

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Sorry, trying to save you some $$ on crap. Maybe a search is what you need?

hows that possible when both your prices are $100+ more than what i've found online? and why is it crap? thanks anyway

----------

I've done like 20 iPhone 4 and 4S color conversions my self, for friends and some people my friends told. I'm not exactly sure what are you asking, but the quality of the parts its not OEM but its pretty damn close, some may leak some lightning of the screen through the edges or some other places, not that it bothers me or anyone that I know anyways...

The only thing is that it is not "Gorrilla Glass" , I suppose... , so it is a little bit more fragile that OEM parts. Not that it cant take a drop, cause I purposely throw my RED iPhone 4 to the floor (with a Bumper case) and I didn't break, I guess I have anger management issues :D, and I've accidently dropped my 4S dozen of times and it didnt break, until yet again I decided to give it a swing to a near wall with quite some force with no case at all, and it obviously broke into a million pieces! LOL!

i was just asking if anyone recommended a place or anything like that. i know its not oem quaility which sucks but doesnt bother me that much for the price they are. damn you need to throw a baseball not your phone lol

----------

just to let u know I color change phones.... I just changed a mid frame to gold and my personal phone has been changed to a mirror finish blue......

Gold mid frame on left and my personal phone on right

pm me and we can talk prices
(prices are cheaper than what was mentioned and I warranty my work)

cant pm you until you hit a certain number of posts

ADMProducer

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Just buy the parts and do it yourself. Take a slow and steady and follow the guides online.

Will take about an hour at most and the only cost will be the parts. Can find front and back parts for a combined cost of about £30.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Just buy the parts and do it yourself. Take a slow and steady and follow the guides online.

Will take about an hour at most and the only cost will be the parts. Can find front and back parts for a combined cost of about £30.

i found one for $50 shipped which makes me wonder why they go for $100+ elsewhere. for what i've read on the forums all these color kits come from the same place 9/10 times

----------

My email address is in my profile

email sent

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Because with an oow replacement you get a "new" iPhone, with replacement you get an inferior product. Why not replace the phone and then buy a conversion kit at a later date if you really want a different color i.

Resale will be higher when you can either 1. Include the original parts or 2. Sell the eom parts to pay for the conversion/oow replacement. Just an idea, good luck.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Because with an oow replacement you get a "new" iPhone, with replacement you get an inferior product. Why not replace the phone and then buy a conversion kit at a later date if you really want a different color i.

Resale will be higher when you can either 1. Include the original parts or 2. Sell the eom parts to pay for the conversion/oow replacement. Just an idea, good luck.

is your first sentence even english???

no clue what you're saying but why would i buy a new phone because of a shattered screen??? pretty big waste of money. for $50 i'll have the same phone with a new color, simple as that

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
is your first sentence even english???

no clue what you're saying but why would i buy a new phone because of a shattered screen??? pretty big waste of money. for $50 i'll have the same phone with a new color, simple as that
OOW = out of warranty. You won't have the same phone, that's the point. It will be a phone with a replacement front screen of inferior quality. Good luck.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
a front screen of *potentially* lower quality is better than a cracked screen any day of the week...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.