1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Anyone's 4G ship yet?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by kungfu, Jul 20, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

... just wondering if anyone's 4G iPod has shipped yet...? I ordered a 40 gig early yesterday morning with overnight shipping and the order status still says "Open". I thought the PR release said that they were available immediately, but maybe the order status isn't always accurate...?

Maybe tomorrow...

2. macrumors 65816

jacobj

Happened to go to the Apple store just as the new iPod was launched yesterday morning (UK time)... I had completed my order within 5 minutes, so definitely no more than 10 min after they were made available.. I was assuming (rightly I think) that I'd be in the first 100 orders and I haven't got any news yet...just "open".

3. macrumors member

4. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I would think that even before your ships they would be shipping those of us (such as myself) who ordered the old 40 gig late last week and now have a 4g 40 gig on the way... although... this morning I woke up (as I often do in the mornings) and looked at my order page. They had changed my engraving to some random person's name! So I called them and it was changed back on the order page but now it's back to the random guys name... so I guess I'll see... hmmmm....

5. macrumors regular

Well, mine shipped! Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow (overnighted it), although the nothing shows up when I try tracking it through FedEx... We'll see...

6. macrumors 6502a

comictimes

wow, I'm impressed. I ordered mine yesterday afternoon, and got normal shipping. As of like 8:00 last night it hadn't shipped. Then I checked just now, 10:00 in the morning, and it has shipped and is supposed to arrive this afternoon. Admittedly, it's only traveling like an hour and a half, but still...

7. macrumors 68040

JFreak

mine shipped today, too. i wonder when they deliver ;)