Anyone's carrier telling them they used ridiculous amounts of data[rogers]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spybenj, Sep 22, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Sep 18, 2012
    So I got the iPhone 5 yesterday.
    I restored my 4s' backup. And I reset the usage counter(thus data counter).
    This morning I get a text from rogers saying I have used 80%, then 100%, then 120% of my data plan.
    When I check on my phone, I am told I used 56mb. How is 56mb equal to 4gb of data?
    Has anyone else experienced this problem, with another carrier or rogers? Could it be them measuring LTE incorrectly? Though I was sleeping while this 4gb of ghost data was used.
    I'm not worried about rogers over charging me, I have proof on my phone I didn't use that much data, I just want to know why this happened and how to fix it!
  2. macrumors 65816

May 23, 2012
    Call your carrier.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Sep 18, 2012
    I am.
    Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
    I guess it is just rogers miscounting my data.
  4. macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    I just saw an article (sorry, I don't have the link) describing that telcos charge for the amount of data that transverses their network for you whether you receive (or send) that data or not. Please post back with the results of your call. The previous posts in these forums indicate the telcos are pretty hardnosed about it.
  5. macrumors newbie

Dec 5, 2012

That's all Rogers is now are a bunch of crooks. I have heard this from so many people and get nowhere after talking at least 60 minutes on the phone with customer service reps. Bell is no better. :eek: