iPad Anyone's ipad 3 been glitchy recently?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xelaetaks, Nov 8, 2012.

1. xelaetaks, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

macrumors member

Not sure what it is but my iPad has been acting very weird in the past few weeks. It randomly goes slow sometimes and I also have to exit Safari when web pages don't load and it seems to work again after restarting it.

I have had iPad's since the first one so I know how they work and the iPad 3 has starting doing this in the last few weeks. I also have restarted it and drained the iPad's battery and charged it fully, none of that really makes a difference. It just seems to glitch randomly and it seems fairly often now.

It sometimes even glitches in such a way that the whole iPad freezes for a minute and the home button doesn't even do anything.

2. macrumors member

When i had the 3 it used to go slow sometimes since upgrading to ios 6. the 4 also does this as well. It didn't freeze though. Might be a pain, but a restore might help? (it didn't fix the slowness issue for me but might fix the freezing)

3. macrumors 6502

I had that problem with my ipad 3 and I had not even upgraded to iOS 6.0

Sold my iPad 3, bought the 4 and haven't had any issues so far. My wifi is as fast as can be and never hangs loading web pages.

4. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

before the update (6.0.1) when watching videos if I press the home button the sound of the video used to keep playing and you couldn't get rid of it.

Its fine now though. Weird

5. macrumors regular

Yes. All of that, and occasionally it doesn't shut itself off -- display dims but stays on and battery runs down.

6. macrumors 65816

Mine randomly loses its WIFI connection and facetime is buggy now. The WIFI issue was pre-iOS6. The facetime not connecting is post-iOS6.

iOS6 actually made my iPad3 snappier. Safari is much faster now. Im afraid to ask for a new iPad as this one has a good screen.

Matt

7. macrumors 6502a

My home button decided to stop working today. Have to make a trip to the Apple store this afternoon.

8. macrumors regular

What did they tell you the problem was?

9. macrumors 6502a

That one out of every x number of home buttons will experience a failure. So they replaced it under warranty. Great service as usual.