anything as good as Microsoft OneNote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by olivia, Jun 29, 2006.

1. olivia macrumors member

Jun 22, 2006
    i want to get a mac (my first one!) but one of the main things holding me back is how much i love microsoft OneNote...

anything really similar for macs? I'm looking for:

-something that automatically makes bullets even after a backspace (Word has it so that the bullets only go straight down or forward as you "tab" but sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to make a new topic and you have to set the bullet format all over again)

-something that divides the classes and lectures with tabs or whatever

....just something easy to use and hopefully not to expensive
  2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this guys, but Microsoft Word for Macs has a 'Notebook View' which features tabbed organizing and automatic-bullets whenever you switch lines and backspace (like you said).

Many users argue that OneNote was probably based off of Microsoft Word's Notebook View for Macs.

Personally, I like 'Notebook View' because I can drag around bullets with my mouse to indent them - something I cannot do using regular view.

Here's a link for more information:
  3. olivia thread starter macrumors member

Jun 22, 2006
    oh wow, thanks! yeah, i'd heard about this, but couldn't find as much info about it as i'd wanted to know before...thanks for the link (and telling me about the backspacing)...maybe i won't have to spend any money at all!

well...except for the whole...buying a mac thing...