Anything like Motorola Smart Action on iPhone's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Dec 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Anything like Motorola Smart Action on iPhone's?

Currently I have an S3 and am thinking of getting an iPhone 5. However although I have an S3 at the moment and use an app called Automateit, I have looked at motorola's smart actions, and it looks a great app.

Basically its an app that you tell it to do something from a trigger, eg switch on Bluetooth when I leave house, Switch on WiFi when at home, go into Airplane mode at 11:59pm etc.

Anything like this on iPhone? I used to have a 4, but been with Android for a while?

cheers

2. macrumors 6502a

No, unfortunately.

3. macrumors 601

With 270,000 apps as they boast one would think...

Well, here's an idea for a new App!

4. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I wish there was something like this on iOS.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thats a pity isn't it... I've got an S3 at the mo, but it is a bit too big, and want an iPhone 5, but tbh at £530 for a new one, its a little too expensive, even if I sell my S3, its still going to be around £270 for the iPhone 5.

Just been looking at the Motorola Razr i, its nigh on the same size and weight as the iPhone 5 but has a 4.3" screen. Havent seen in flesh what the screen size looks against iPhone 5 though, but looks decent phone (and cheaper).

But I'm an Apple man, with iMac, iPad, minis, Apple TV etc....mmmm...

6. macrumors regular

Apple's rules don't allow apps to toggle any hardware-based features (wifi, bluetooth, etc.), so chances are the app wouldn't even be approved.

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

Pity, I have never developed for iOS or anything, but I'd be prepared to learn to do this to make my millions, 69p, I think it would ell well?