Anything to do? (want to add more songs to a CD)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rye9, Feb 19, 2006.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

I burned two songs on a CD earlier and now I want to add about 10 more. How can I do this? Can I remove the songs on the CD? Can I overwrite them? Or can I just simply add the songs somehow? iTunes tells me I need a blank CD though... does this mean I just wasted a whole CD?!!!!

2. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

Blank CDs are like $.10 a piece....go get another one. :)

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Assuming this is an Audio CD (for use in a CD player, etc.), you can't do it. Each time you burn data to a CD, that's a separate "session". Computers can handle multi-session CD burning and reading, but standard music CD players can only read the first session on any given CD. Even if you set up the CD for multi-session, your CD player won't recognize any new songs you put on the CD.

And you can't erase or overwrite data on a standard CD... you'd have to use a CD-RW or CD+RW to erase or replace existing data.

So yes, you just wasted a CD... what's that cost, about 25¢? :rolleyes:

4. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

OK, well then is there another way to get songs from my bro's comp to mine? Both computers are activated under the same account. But whenever one of us gets a song, even if it's the same account, we have to burn the song to a CD so the other one of us can get it. Is this the only way for the same account to share songs on different computers?

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Isn't there a Shared Music option in iTunes somewhere? All you'd have to do is enable that and then make sure the two machines are networked.

6. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Well, the two computer's are connected and I can view my brothers library but how do I get his songs? It's the same account?!

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

http://ourtunes.sourceforge.net/

That'll let you copy tunes computer-to-computer.:)

8. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

You could have a 'microwave the ruined CD's' party. :D