Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Okay, in XP on the computer in my sig... I hear the hardware disconnect sound and my keyboard and mouse stop working. Then i hear the software connected sound and my mouse begins to work, but my keyboard doesn't. The only way to get the keyboard to work is to unplug it/plug it back in. I have uninstalled the mac drivers and reinstalled them... but it didn't work. Any thoughts or fixes? Thanks in advance.

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
I had some similar problems. All I did was make sure that the mouse is plugged into the keyboard, and then the keyboard is plugged into the far right USB-port on the back of the iMac (the far right being the one closest to the DVD drive). The other ports gave me issues, but the far right one seems fine.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
jamesmcd said:
I had some similar problems. All I did was make sure that the mouse is plugged into the keyboard, and then the keyboard is plugged into the far right USB-port on the back of the iMac (the far right being the one closest to the DVD drive). The other ports gave me issues, but the far right one seems fine.
That doesn't work for me... it is currently plugged into the far port.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
fixed...

I looked on apple discussions... to fix this problem you need to disable the apple's eject button program. go to the start menu... select run: run "msconfig" under the startup tab deselect the "applecdeject" box. The disconnect still happens... but xp reconnects both the keyboard and mouse. To eject discs though... you'll have to go into my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.