anyway to transfer my song to iphone5 without itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canwe3, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 3, 2012
    I'm so sick of itunes, I spend YEARS organizing my music collection. All my music tag/info changed when I updated to new itunes. So frustrated.
  2. macrumors 68020

Jan 22, 2009
    No, there isn't a way to transfer songs to the default Music player. However, you can use DropBox or other third party apps to transfer songs wirelessly. The problem is they won't be integrated into the default Music app; therefore, you cannot use Siri to play songs & will lose other features.

I wish Apple would make it possible to transfer songs without iTunes or at least download songs from other places (Amazon, Artist's website) and have it play in the default Music app.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2012
    If you don't care about the player and just want to choose your songs, I know dropbox can play your songs. You just have to sync your songs to Dropbox and then you are good. You'll have any song you want. It just won't play on the default player.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Just downgrade back to iTunes 10.7; that's what I did and it's all great again
  5. macrumors regular

Mar 20, 2011
    There is a free program called SharePod (Google it). I haven't used it in a few months but it worked flawlessly for me.