AoE 3 Performance

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frank the Tank, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Frank the Tank macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just curious to see who picked up the newly released AoE 3 port and what kind of performance people were seeing.

I'm thinking of picking this up for my MacBook (2.0 Ghz CD, 2 GB RAM), but would like to know how much of a hit in performance and visual quality the settings would have to take in order for a smooth playing experience.

2. Spankenrear macrumors newbie

Spankenrear

I am also very curious about this game running on a macbook, anyone have it yet?

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

The requirements do say 64mb card with hardware T&L which the GMA950 does not have... that being said, the GMA950 DOES work under Windows XP but at the lowest settings with lousy framerates which would detract from the experience overall and I can't imagine how that performance will translate to OSX.

I say it might run but it will not be pleasant at all.... sorry though maybe you can tweak the hell out of it to get some more performance, you can't expect much from Intel graphics...

4. Frank the Tank thread starter macrumors newbie

The system requirements for the game in the MacSoft store are as follows:

"System Requirements Macintosh computer with a G4/G5 or Intel processor running at 1.2GHz or faster, Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, 512MB RAM, 64 MB Video Card or Intel Integrated Graphics. DVD drive required."

This slightly differs from the game's main page on their site:

"Macintosh computer with a G4/G5 or Intel processor running at 1.4GHz or faster, Mac OS X v10.3.9 or higher, 512MB RAM, 64 MB Video Card (with support for hardware T & L). 56K dial-up Internet access or LAN for online play, "

So, I wonder which it is...