AOE III.1 and LAN or Ranger connect probs

Discussion in 'Games' started by Learjet035, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

Hey, my buddy is in the next hotel room. We both have the latest of AOEIII and we both have MBP C2D brand new.
    I hosted a network that he joined, then I started the game and hosted it. He can see it, and when he joins..... Blue screen/ unexpected failer.
    So we swap, he hosts, blah, blah, same outcome.
    We hit gameranger....
    I see his lobby, jump in, he starts the game. He goes straight to the page where you click "ready" but I go throught the whole start up of the game and it sets me in the home of the game where it says "single player/ Multiplayer" which it shouldn't do.
    We actually had it working a month ago no prob, but something has changed. Anyone else experineced this? Any ideas? Thanks

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Blue screen? Are you in Windows or OSX?

3. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes OSX, I know it scared me. The screen actually turned all blue, for both of us. Then the window appeared "AEO unexpectedly Quit" Report or no. So I did. It's strange. It is a M$ game maybe there is a conspiracy =)

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Do you both have the exact same version of AOE?

Sometimes that can be the cause.

I cant help you out myself but I am interested in your outcome as I was planning on trying out a network game soon.

Reached level 25 home city lastnight (on expert against 2 other players everytime) :cool:

5. Learjet035 thread starter macrumors 6502

WOW! Man I still suck, maybe you can share your strategy so if we ever do get ths thing going, I can woop em =)

Yeah, we both updated at the same time, so I guess we are on the same version. I'll double check to make sure. Firewalls are off too.
    It's strange cause GameRanger worked no prob before.