AOL chooses QuickTime over RealPlayer

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Freg3000, May 22, 2003.

1. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1099484,00.asp

"However, one notable change was the inclusion of Apple Computer's QuickTime media player in lieu of RealNetworks' RealOne player, which had been the technology powering AOL's media player."

It seems like good news for Apple. Even though this is just beta testing, I hope AOL version 9 is released with QuickTime replacing Real.

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

It may be because of iTunes 4

I guess AOL really wants iTunes for its Windows-using customers and QuickTime 6 integration is an important part of that.

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Re: It may be because of iTunes 4

If iT4 for W32 is going to happen then apple may have gad talks with AOL already and let them know this. I dont think AOL would hurt its customer base purposely. Here is a good way for AOL - they integrate (include links in AOL Browser for) iT4/iTMS????

Sounds like we may have iT4 for W32 coming. I hope not - just a base app that allows iTMS and AAC on windows.

5. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

i really hope quicktime will be the media player in the new aol, as many people are using aol, many people will use quicktime and therefore wil learn what wonderful software apple is doing :D