AOL could be seeing some more problems - another ENRON?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57226-2003Sep24.html

ouch!

Two former executives of a Las Vegas-based software company pleaded guilty yesterday to fraud charges tied to advertising deals struck with AOL. The pleas are expected to provide significant ammunition for federal prosecutors pursuing a criminal probe of AOL's accounting practices.

You've got fraud!

D

2. spinner macrumors regular

Perhaps this marks the end of AOHell and the suffering of so many of their subscribers. :D It looks especially bad for them that Time Warner is stepping away rather than trying to defend them.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Too bad Time Warner is the AOL in Question. I for one wouldn't be sad to see AOL stop service, see Aaron Brown Thrown out into the street, and have Warner Music stop lawsuits. However, I would like to see Cartoon Network bought by Paramount so I can continue to Watch Futurama and Family Guy.

TEG

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Fantastic. I'd love to see AOL go down, but I worry what weight it will carry when it goes down. My stocks are finally recovering, I don't want to see them die, again.

Dan

5. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

As much as I hate AOL, if it went down, iChat would be useless, because AIM would go down, too.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i have a scary thought that microsoft would try to buy aim rights, ouch that would be bad.

iJon