Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
I will not be upgrading to 3g *hugs iphone*

Any other apps 3g only? Or gps only?

serich159

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2007
Yes, I can verify it works on Edge. Lower quality than WiFi, but it works. Also switches back from Edge to WiFi nicely, but takes a few seconds of silence going the other way.

Farani

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
I haven't tried aol radio on edge yet but i can put my 2 cents in here for uXM which is on installer (which I just lost cause of my want of app store!) and it worked awesome over edge.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
does it buffer adequately?

ie. if my signal isn't great does the music get choppy, or does it run off the downloaded part

serich159

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2007
Don't know for sure, haven't tried driving around with it. :)

It did have a good few second pause when I went from WiFi to Edge, but didn't really have any bumps when I stayed on a network.

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
If you run it on Edge only and have wifi switched off it works superbly. I've been playing it while it's in the charging cradle and it hasn't buffered once.

But what I don't know is whether it uses your minutes while you are connected. Does anybody know the answer to this?

serich159

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2007
I had a problem with pandora skipping to the next song 1/3 the way through a tune. But that was on WiFi or Edge. Otherwise the quality was excellent. (For streamed audio that is.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.