AOL Time Warner to charge for Web magazines

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Mar 27, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    AOL Time Warner will move the free Web sites for a number of magazines into its America Online proprietary service, reports c|net. "Beginning Sunday, the popular magazines People and Entertainment Weekly will no longer offer content on their Web sites for free. Content will be accessible only to magazine subscribers and AOL members. Newsstand buyers are granted access to content on the publication's Web site, but only for the duration of the magazine edition they purchase. In the month or so following the initial launches, other titles will make the same move, including Teen People, Sports Illustrated Kids, Real Simple, InStyle, Sunset, Southern Accents, Time for Kids, Costal Living, Cooking Light, Southern Living and Parenting."

In my opinion this is ****e, TimeWarner AOL must be desperate.
  2. mikulashek macrumors member

Feb 18, 2003
    I don't consider what I do "living."
    I dont really frequent those sites myself, but I know those who do and I cant belive they are going to charge for them, they dont offer that much content to begin with, in my opinion this will only aid in the downfall of AOL TimeWarner, which will definitely be a good thing.
  3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
    Yeah, I don't ever go to those sites either. I'm glad to say that AOL is no longer my ISP. :)