AOpen Mac mini clone

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by simie, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Good for a PC. Otherwise, bad. Because (it runs windows:mad: )

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

It is a blatant rip off of the Mac Mini's appearance. But yet it only uses a Pentium M processor (why no Core Duo/Solo????), can only support up to 1GB of RAM, and uses a GMA900- in other words the Mac Mini would cream this imitator. :)

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I'd love to see a comparison.

Imitation is the ultimate for of flattery. Just a shame they decided to make it a bit gaff.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, I suppose... :)

5. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Design:
    Mini is way cooler, don't we all agree? Same dimensions, Mini is 1.3 kg, while dis one is 1.5 kg.

Processor:
    Mini has a Core porcessor, while this one has 1.7 GHz Pentium M. Mini is superior.

RAM:
    Mini supports up to 4 GB dual channel. this one supports up to 2 GB single channel. Mini supports 667 MHz, while this one supports 400/533 MHz RAM.

HDD:
    Both 2.5", Mini has SATA, while this has IDE. Mini is better.

Graphics:
    Mini has a GMA/950 while this one has a GMA/900.

Drive:
    Both slotloading DL drives. No clue about the speed of this one, but Mini has 8x.

Connectors:
    While the Mini has 4xUSB, 1xFW400, audio I/O (5.1), DVI and Gbit ethernet, this has 2xUSB, 1xFW400, audio I/O (5.1), DVI, S-video and Gbit ethernet. Mini is clearly superior. Both comes with DVI to VGA adapters.

*cough cough*

Mini is better and cheaper.:D

6. Acehigh macrumors 6502

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I'm pretty sure this came out ages ago, way before the Intel Mini came out. As in *ages* ago at it was pretty good spec when it came out.

8. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It's pretty good spec as it is. Who hasn't been keeping up to speed in P(iece of)C(rap) land?

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Then you wouldn't get the obligatory big power button on the front and unnecessary eject button. :rolleyes: ;)

10. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Not fond of this at all. At least the mini as somethings going for it. But then again if I wanted a small computer I would go one size up and get shuttle(which I do have). The biggest advantage shuttle has it the option of an AGP graphics and on the higher and newer models PCI express. But I am just saying.

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

excuse me for a sec
    *vomit*
    back

The sad thing is that people will actully buy this computer. Apple need to show its hardware off more.