AP: Kennedy Says Iraq War Case a 'Fraud'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 19, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...6&e=2&u=/ap/20030918/ap_on_go_co/kennedy_iraq

2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Re: AP: Kennedy Says Iraq War Case a 'Fraud'

-Hmm.

I disagree. One of the keys to boosting oneself politically is to take the clear path, and to avoid politically sticky situations.

We all knew last summer when the hawks started circling that invading Iraq would be sticky.

The situation about, around, and in Iraq is far more complex than any of us know, and Edward is simply trying to politically capitalize on that.

Personally, I supported Bush until he actually invaded. Up until that point, I thought he was playing a shrewd chess game - but to actually do something like that - regardless of good intentions.

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Anybody know where a full copy of the interview can be found? I looked everywhere but couldn't locate it.

4. Ensoniq macrumors regular

I'm to hear glad Kennedy "believes much of the money is being spent to bribe foreign governments to send in troops". Now, does he have ONE ounce of proof of this?

Bush has repeatedly been called a "liar" for the State of the Union speech where he reported information presented TO HIM by England and his advisors regarding WMD. Maybe the info should never have made it into the State of the Union address, because it turned out to not be completely accurate. But there is no evidence that Bush intentionally "lied" to the American people. He made a reasonable judgement to include information provided to him by sources that he had every reason to trust.

Kennedy...does he have ANY evidence? Does he have any reliable sources? Any reason to believe what he's saying other than his own politically oriented motives? Is the media going to seriously investigate this? And when they cannot find any evidence of money going from us to "bribe" other countries, will we see ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN calling Ted Kennedy a "liar"? I think not.

-- Ensoniq

5. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Well, maybe not a liar, but surely a coward :rolleyes:

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I haven't seen Bush or Kennedy called a liar by any news reporter. I have seen people call Bush a liar on ABC, NBC, CNN, etc, but I have also seen people call Ted Kennedy that and more on those same channels. Go figure.

(unless of course, you consider Bill O'Reilly, Paul Begala, and others in the commentator model to be reporters. I don't.

edit... Oh geez, I forgot his title... The Great Bill O'Reilly

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

yes, because the message is not important. it's all about who's saying it.

i see your rolling eyes still find their way into every one of your posts.

8. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Wow, I'm impressed...you've read every one of my posts.

Oh, by the way, does your computer keyboard have a shift key :rolleyes:

And to the mods, he's the one who attempted to attack me personally FIRST.

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

:rolleyes:

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Holy crap. Cyber-tattling.

By the way, all posts are time stamped. The mods will figure out who started what.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Have anything to add to this conversation? Or are you still just trolling around?