AP Testing...OH NO

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by muffinman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. muffinman macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2005
    San Diego, California
    How many of ya'll are taking AP tests soon? My European AP Euro test is on May 5th, and I started studying a couple days ago, which is really late.

Good luck to everyone
  2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

Jul 29, 2005
    Don't step into the kawoosh...
    Well, i am not really taking any but i did take one my junior year of high school. I took the AP calculus exam and got a four out of five on it. It was difficult but the teacher i had for the calculus class was really good.

AP exams are one of the greatest things ever invented (not like ACT or SAT). basically it comes down to spending 75 bucks to get credit for classes in college. Witht he 4 out of 5 i got exempt from two math classes which basically save me about 1000-1500 dollars. Spend 75 to save 1500, i think it is worth it. Had i been smart i would have taken a couple of others.

I know my sister will be taking a couple. I am not sure what ones are offered but she will probably take ones that have to do with reading, writing, and social studies.
  3. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Yup. It was well worth taking those high school AP classes and taking those exams.

Got undisputed credit for Spanish. Got out of an English class or two. Got rid of US History required class. Got credit for a lab science (bio). Er... I think that's all I took. I really can't remember. :eek:
  4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    I got a 4 on my Music theory last year.

This year, I'm taking Government and Calculus AB. *crosses fingers*
  5. comictimes macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Berkeley, California
    yea... I'm taking the AP Statistics, Calculus (AB since our calculus program is insane and BC is absurdly hard... it's been YEARS since anyone got below a 5 who went through that class...), and AP Chem. I could have gone for either or both of the physics tests, but I figure that since I'm going into mechanical engineering I might as well retake all the physics classes I can to be sure to get a firm grip on it.

So I'm kinda worried... but all my classes but chem have been doing serious AP review for a couple weeks now, so it shouldn't be too bad.

by the way, does anyone know how WPI deals with AP's? Like do you get to skip classes, or get credits, or what?
  6. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Mar 2, 2005

I have to take the World History and Spanish AP Tests, Taking English and Calculus AP tests next year.
  7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    I got into college with 21 hours, and basically all of my freshman classes done before I even started. This was great, no 8am econ lectures, no history papers, and no 5 day a week calculus ... people were kind of jealous I didn't suffer with them. I also got to register for my classes a little earlier than my friends make it easier to get times for certain classes. and now i'm almost done, sad face.
  8. Timepass macrumors 65816

Jan 4, 2005

Ah BC Cal or otherwise known as Cal II, The hardest math couse most people every take. After Cal II everything thing else just seems eaiser. Cal III was a cake walk, DefQ was hard but still easier than Cal II to me and lastly Engineering Stats (requires cal III as a pre rec) was a joke.

As for those class I listed I took after cal II they all build on Cal II so you can not just skip it. Just Cal II is just hard. I never work harder to get though a math class ever.

I pretty sure other who have gone past Cal II will agree that Cal II was one of the hardest if not the hardest math class they ever took.

Cal I is easy and Cal III I think is easy. Cal II just sucks. Big time when you get to the end. People here at college where all working on it about 2 weeks ago and ask a few of us at the dinner table if we could help them with there math (they knew we all had gone though the class and seveal of us either had earn our math minor or are one class away).
    We say "sure what is it"
    They say "Seris (sp) and infinate intigrual"
    We say "Good luck with that, and even more good luck on finding help"
  9. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI

I have taken US History and Calc BC (4 and 5 respectively)

This year....English Lit and Gov't.

Not to mention I also have 2 college level math finals during this two week interval.

I just love my life....not.
  10. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    AP classes are a godsend. I used them to get some nice, relaxed terms in my Jr. and Sr. years, while my wife used them to graduate a year early with two degrees. She's quite the overachiever. Moral of the story: they suck when you're taking them but they're well worth it in the long-run.
  11. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    Well, I've finished AP Calc and AP Stat testing...

Only one more to go (AP Euro) :)
  12. Chubypig macrumors 6502

Aug 30, 2004
    AP US History for me on Friday. I hope I do well! i need to review a bit though...
  13. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Let me tell you, those AP tests are well worth it. I took five junior year and five senior year and came into college with 26 credits (15 credits is the normal course load for a semester). It's really freed me up to take lots of classes that I want to take since I got credit for a lot of required classes. It's also giving me the option to graduate early if I want to.
  14. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    Boy were my AP classes useful, got me out of nothing because i still had to take the classes for me to get into medical school.
  15. IanF0729 macrumors regular

Dec 3, 2005
    Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, D.C.
    I know I hated AP testing at the time (English III and IV, Biology, Statistics) but they ended up to be well worth it in the long run. Those four tests got me 17 credit hours (the Biology is 8 hours in itself) and even after changing my major from Biology to Political Science half way through I'm still graduating on time (next year)!

Thank goodness for AP! :p

Good luck to everyone testing!
    ::gets off MacRumors to study for finals::
  16. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    im taking the AP US test Friday, my only AP course this year. I'm also trying to sqeeze into the SAT II for US the next morning, but it's not definite until i get there.
  17. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

Aug 25, 2004
    Glendale, California, USA
    I took/have taken the following so far this year (I am a senior):

AP Human Geography - Monday 5/1
    AP World History - Wednesday 5/3
    AP English Literature - Thursday 5/4
    UP US History - Friday 5/5
    AP US Government - Tuesday 5/9
    AP Comparative Government - Tuesday 5/9
    AP Environmental Sciences - Wednesday 5/10
    AP Macroeconomics - Thursday 5/11
    AP Microeconomics - Thursday 5/11

I took AP German fall semester, dropped out, but still got automatic credit for it at the University of Minnesota - Duluth. I was going to take Euro as well but decided just to wait until college, because that should be a fun course.

In the past I have taken:

AP Psychology --- Got a 3
    AP Language --- Got a 4

Hopefully I will do well and get a lot of college credit :D :D

Good luck to everyone out there!!

Let's come back in July to post our scores in a new thread here :D
  18. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

Aug 25, 2004
    Glendale, California, USA
  19. cycocelica macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    Redmond, WA
    AP Test suck. I took History and got a 5 and Enviromental Science and got a 5.

And Jesus some of you are taking way too many. Over achievers. :p
  20. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    Dang...those are a lot of tests....

Although, when I took them, I found Human Geo, Econ, and Gov to be pretty simple. English Lit doesn't require to much studying, either - but eesh, you still have like 5 others!!! Good luck :)
  21. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    My school doesn't offer Environmental Science as AP anymore because way too many kids took it and the difficulty level wasn't there... Now it's just honors. Still it's a great easy class, hence why i'm taking it next year ;)
  22. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

As a college student I would highly recommend that every High Schooler try to take AP tests, there is nothing better then going to college and having 15 credits already under your belt:D
  23. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Moorestown, NJ
    now that there are so many AP test takers, some colleges aren't accepting them now... I mean it sure doesn't hurt to try to but it's a shame they aren't guaranteed anymore :(
  24. *Y* macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2004
    I also have an AP Euro exam on Friday like some of you. I really need to review a bit more. I started late (this week) and so any way I look at it...well I am screwed. But it okay, its okay.....

Wish everybody luck!

I support starting a score thread in the summer.:D